Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Monster Munch...

Hello!

I'm sorry that my posts have been lacking lately!  It's been a busy few weeks, but I'm hoping to start this week off right and concentrate more on my blog and keeping all of my readers inspired!

Friday night I was fortunate enough to be included at a Fall Boutique hosted by Sarah of Little Penelope Lane, which was a lot of fun!  I met some great, crafty ladies and was inspired by all of the talent that I saw!  Then, on Saturday I taught my 13 Days Of Halloween Advent Calendar at Page's From the Heart and had so much fun!  I had a fun and friendly group of ladies that made me laugh and laugh and I left the store feeling great! 

At the boutique I sold bags of my "Monster Munch" and at my class I gave the ladies bags of it to keep them energized on a candy high to work on their projects.  I was asked for the recipe, so I'm going to share it today.  This recipe is so yummy and it yields so much, it's a great item to bag up for a baby/bridal shower, give to neighbors and friends at Christmas... but don't just have it lying around because once you start, you cannot stop eating it!

[monster+munch++collage.jpg]
{picture courtesy of Our Best Bites}

White Chocolate Party Mix

12 Cups popped popcorn (un-popped kernels removed)
3 Cups frosted Cheerios
1 1/2 Cup pecan halves (you can also use peanuts instead)
1 LARGE bag of M&M's
1 package pretzels
3 packages (10-12 oz ea.) vanilla or white chocolate chips
2 tbsp vegetable oil

Line cookie sheets (I typically use 2 large rimmed cookie sheets) with wax paper or aluminum.  In an extra-large bowl (I divide the recipe into 2 extra-large bowls for ease), combine the first 5 ingredients.  In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt oil and white chips; stir until smooth.  Pour over popcorn mixture and toss to coat.  Immediately spread onto cookie sheets; let stand until dry (about 2 hours).  You can place in refrigerator to cut time.  Store in air-tight container or large freezer bags.

Tips:
- Use M&M's in the colors that match your theme.  If you're making this for Christmas, use red and green M&M's, for Valentines use Red and Pink M&M's and so on.
- We've made this for birthday parties that were pretty open color wise, so we used Fruit Loops in place of the Frosted Cheerios along with a multi-colored bag of M&M's.
- We have used peanuts to cut down on the cost a little, but the pecans are heavenly and my absolute favorite!

That's it!  It's super yummy, easily transport and you can put it in cute containers to give as gifts or thanks you's! 

Hope you all have had a great weekend!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment